quick ride today

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

quick ride today

Postby Mr. Green » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Its by smartsville, follows a branch of the yuba river for quite a ways not sure if its legal but it is some what popular. It has lots and lots and lots of gravel, with water and a little mud. Its a fun place to ride for a quick day trip. Nothing overly technical but lots of short steep climbs with a few longer ones. A snapped a few pics of the place im sure it has a name but no idea what it is only been there a few times for quick rides.

i wish this picture could convey how steep this looks in real life but it falls short

I found some steeper and longer hills to climb but id want some one around to watch just in case i need someone to go for help :wink:
09 can-am renegade

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 pm

nice pics! :D

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby QMaze » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 am

Awesome, that one pic, its hella steep, you can tell.

camokids

Postby camokids » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:21 pm

looks like the yuba goldfields, it's all good on the BLM land but it gets questionable when you cross private property lines
'07 CAN-AM Outlander XT MAX 800 V-twin efi

ToddW
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ToddW » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Sweet!

Reminds me of the wash outside auburn I used to go to.

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 am

camo im sure your right, all the gravel is ex mining tailings so the name fits and im sorta sure its BLM land with lots of private around it. My father is an ex blm agent and he said the area use to be blm so most likely stilll is. ehh now i at least know the name off the place thanks.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe= ... a=N&tab=wl
09 can-am renegade

camokids

Postby camokids » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

if the google link you posted is where you went thats the goldfields. its a fun place to go with my little guys and their quads, they have a blast out there doing donuts in the peagravel.
anyone else want to check out this small area this pdf file will give you a good idea where its at...FYI the hammonton rd goes all the way thru to parks bar bridge
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/ ... ic8x10.pdf
'07 CAN-AM Outlander XT MAX 800 V-twin efi

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 pm

ya camo thats around where i was its nice for a quick fix or to test out new part. Looks like most of the areas i found fun are in no go areas dang :x , Cant even claim ignorance now.... :roll:
09 can-am renegade

BruteForce

Postby BruteForce » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 pm

:shock:

WTF? Where are those pics? I see no ICE, no SNOW, no HUGE 7' drifts of snow.

Can't ride the quad because its now snowed so much there's just too much. Went snow mobiling yesterday, but the powder is so deep, our Polaris 600's just dug in and we spent 4+ hours digging out to beat sunset in sub-zero temps.

2013 Sportsman XP 850 (Browning Edition) FI/EPS/LE
2005 & 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i

Rider has ferocious attitude!

My blog site: http://utahbruteforce.com

auendave

Postby auendave » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:23 pm

I live just a couple of miles frfrom those gold fields and most of it is private land. Blm has closed part of this where you used to ride down to the river, Blm is only a small area there most is private and posted but I have never seen or heard of anyone getting in trouble . I usually ride all the way from highway twenty to where the blm has the road marked and sometimes even farther. If you come in from the marysville side you travel through private property all the way past Hammomton and until you get to where the blm has marked the road, One of the gravel companys that own the property was trying to close the road and the county went to court and won to keep the road open even though it is a private road on private property,

also the opperating engineers union is tring to get the area for a heavy equipment school. hope it doesnt get it or there will be no more tailing piles. :cry:

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

BruteForce wrote:Can't ride the quad because its now snowed so much there's just too much. Went snow mobiling yesterday, but the powder is so deep, our Polaris 600's just dug in and we spent 4+ hours digging out to beat sunset in sub-zero temps.
So, you got what you asked for eh? 8)
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS